A Swedish home with black floors and a mid-century touch

I arrived in London yesterday for an over night stay. It's always a treat to come home not least because my Mum is the best cook in the world! She also showed me something she bought at an antique auction yesterday and it made me think I should spend more time hunting for vintage / mid-century / antique items. there are so many beautiful items to be found! Today's home currently for sale through Fantastic Frank blends Scandinavian mid century furniture with modern touches and black floors. Perhaps dark floors are a great alternative to the latest trend in Scandinavia dark walls. I love the contrast but the apartment still appears lovely and bright. What do you think?







Fantastic Frank

Are you more of a light or dark wood floor person? or perhaps you have gone for carpets?

I spy: the SNOW chest of drawers, Svenskt Tenn elephant print on the chairs, and a lovely grey sheepskin rug. I find Lauritz a great source for Scandinavian mid-century furniture. I recently received a Frame 20 as a gift and it looks perfect on my mid-century coffee table - just a tip if you're looking to decorate your finds!

For a little inspiration on mid-century inspired homes check out these here and here. And other beautiful homes with dark floors here and here. I think I'm sold?

Have a lovely day and see you tomorrow for a Christmas inspired post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment