If it's a GIRL....

Two weeks to go...and counting.. As some of you may know, I don't know if I'm having a boy or a girl. So I haven't even started the nursery {I know that's hard to believe seeing I'm a designer right?}. I have though of course compiled my ideas...Here are my schematics for a baby girl. I'm using the crib and changer I used with my son. They are white and have pretty clean lines.

Next week I'll share the "If it's a boy concept".

My inspiration was actually the fabric below and a German deer I found back in the Fall. The fabric reminded me of an enchanted forest, but didn't come in the correct colors. I love idea of incorporating wildlife {hence the deer and rabbit} and natural elements with a hint of glamour!


Cowtan and Tout - Savoy


{The room's official mascot - if it's a girl that is}




The window treatments will be pretty straight forward..I'm thinking of using a pelmet with a roman shade tucked underneath!
Image: Ruthie Sommers


Sources and where to find them starting from the top left to right
1. Shoe photo: Jen Gotch photography

2.Cole and Son - Hicks Hexagon wall paper - this will be used as an accent in large frames

3 Love pillows - for guest bed + eventually my babe's bed that will also be in the room.

4. Light fixture. I purchased mine via ebay. This fixture is from Pieces Inc.

5. Bedding will be simple, white and feminine.

Board #2

6. Accent pillow fabric - Amanda Nisbet
7. Baby written in charcoal yarn

8. Headboard will be in charcoal linen - I will design my own and add it to my furniture line that I am in the process of compiling.

9. Adorable animal prints Sharon Montrose via Etsy.

10. Yellow accent lamps - Pieces Inc. - I like to throw things off a bit in my designs..

11. Pillow idea - Lisa Fine Textiles, image via Lonny Mag.

12. Chair - Number Four Eleven - Georgia

13. Dresser - Pottery Barn

14. Painting - Sarah Giannobile

15. Deer - Home Goods

I also love this print..I've seen it used before {I think Erika from Urban Grace may have used it in her girl's precious nursery} in any case. ..It's great, so it may find it's way into the room.

I'm not sure if Erika used this print, but I know that I learned of it from her fabulous blog. It's available through Etsy - Bibity


0 comments:

Post a Comment