Your Style?


I love a number of Diana Vreeland's quotes but the one I posted yesterday got me thinking about personal style. I know everyone has their own, but trends do tend to influence our decisions. Real Simple has a fun article in the January 2012 issue about re-engergzing your look and wardrobe. I know I'd love to add a few fresh, key pieces to my closet. So here's a peek at the three categories they conjured up. Which do you "mostly" fall into? Or maybe you have your own defined sense of style. If so, please share it with us!  I'd say I'm a mix between the edgy-preppy and a little Bohemian. I do wear lots of black and large pieces of jewelry a la Diana Vreeland, so I guess that's minimal. (but that 3rd outfit is def. not me) It all really depends of my mood and destination. Today I can't lie, I'm wearing black yoga pants and a fitted zip front hoodie. The perfect attire for cleaning and cooking for the holidays, don't you think?

If Your Style Is Bohemian . . .

add a little structure.
You love long, flowy skirts, ethnic jewelry, fringy bags, and chunky sandals. But sometimes too much of that sort of thing goes too far…out. Slip on a tailored blazer and a straightforward tee and your beloved hippie style fast-forwards to the 21st century, looking completely fresh and smart. (text here via Real Simple Magazine)

If Your Style Is Preppy . . .

add edgy accessories.

Penny loafers and ribbon belts used to be par for the course. But replace them with accents that aren’t Preppy Handbook–approved, like a slick black bag, kittenish pumps, a studded belt, and spiky earrings, and your nautical peacoat and Cape Cod–bright cords take on a cool, citified feel. (Real Simple Text)
 

If Your Style Is Minimalist . . .

add some texture.

There are still plenty of clean lines and graphic shapes here to keep a less-is-more fanatic happy. Yet the tactile quality of these sleek and simple silhouettes gives the outfit new depth: Note the tweedy zigzag overlay on the bottom half of the dress, the blocky necklace, and the contrasting bangles (one matte, one shiny). (via Real Simple)
 for the article and sources of all product shown see: REAL SIMPLE Jan. 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment