What I learned in 2011.

hmm where to begin? This post is sort of a continuation to my 2010 "what I've learned" post, which was a moment for me to reflect on the life changing "craziness" going on at the time. 2011 was a year of adjustment and growth for me. So here are the major thoughts that currently come to mind and what I've learned:


- I've learned that life can change in an instant and you just have to hold on tight; when it sucks, embrace the good and let yourself grieve through the sad.

- I've learned you need to face adversity head on. It can be unpleasant as hell but in the end you'll be stronger, smarter and all the better because of it. Not everything, but some things, do happen for a reason.

- I've learned to remain positive, trust me it helps!!

- I've learned change is good! Always take risks even if they scare you to death.

- I've learned everything will be okay, in fact everything may be better if you hang in there!

- I've learned it's important to be independent in every way possible, have your own friends, hobbies and resources to earn your own income!

- I've learned that a run does help to clear your head. I'm not a marathoner trust me, but two miles can work wonders!

- I've learned that you truly don't need much in life to be happy. Surround your self with good people, great food, a stash of prosecco, a warm, comfortable home (the size doesn't matter!), an outfit that makes you feel fabulous, and great music.  (good health - goes without saying). Seriously, think back on the best times over the past year, I bet they don't involve much more then I've listed! 

This excerpt from Chicken Fried by Zac Brown pretty much sums it up for me:
"It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most, not where you live or what you drive or the price tag on your clothes, there's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know."

- I've learned that there is always room for improvement and growth on my outlook and attitude!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU, MY WONDERFUL READERS. YOUR COMMENTS, THOUGHTS AND EMAILS MAKE MY DAY! CHEERS!

XX,
JULIE


0 comments:

Post a Comment