I often try to sum up my year with what I've learned and accomplished. So here it goes...
In 2012 I learned:
1. Change is a good thing. If you don't like the direction your life is heading, change it! Take a risk, move, leave your job..etc. there's nothing worse then doing nothing at all!
2. Time heals most wounds. My thoughts go out to all of those who have suffered tragedy in their life this year. If you have your health and a warm home most everything else will fall beautifully into place.
3. If something good comes along, grab it and hold on tight! I'm trying not to over think my life, it's a waste of time, just go for it.
4. Some things do happen for a reason. I'm pretty excited about the new opportunities in my life right now. If my ex-husband had not cheated on me and our babies, and I had not ended our marriage, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel as happy, empowered, strong and at peace as I do today.
5. I've learned that after I speak my mind, letting it go is really the answer.
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else, you are the one who gets burned." Buddha
6. Think positive, think positive, think positive...it works!
Have a safe night, I'll be lounging in an outfit like this with my sick children, and dining on a dinner of sesame chicken and crab rangoon..
Cheers and repeat after me...
Wishing all my readers a truly happy, healthy and prosperous 2013!! I love fresh starts and new beginnings! Cheers