Inspired: New Home



image via
Hello loves, So I've sort of put my house hunt on hold for a few reasons; one being that everything in my price range in the towns I want to live in are absolute DUMPS. Holy shiz it's depressing. I'm trying to stay positive, but this single mama can only afford so much if I want to keep my sanity. I need to maintain a bit of a social life! Yes, in a perfect world I'd just stay in with my hubbie and sip cocktails as we painted walls after the kiddos have drifted off, but that's not the case and TRUST me right now I'm okay with that. I'd rather lose a creep of husband early on than spend twenty miserable years with him. I mean don't get me wrong I wasn't a fool, I didn't marry a creep (he had us all fooled), some guys just can't keep it together after you have a family. They stray and become detached in every way possible and that's precisely what happened to me. So in all honestly if Santa could bring me anything in the world it would be a charming little house at a reasonable price. I'm OKAY with a little elbow grease I just can't buy a money pit nor can I live in a money pit with two kids under the age of six. Anywayyyyy onto my post! :) I've shared this top photo before. (My apologies because I don't remember the source, but I'll find it and link back, promise). A little cape like this would be perfect, I'd even be open to a little house that I could eventually add on to. I love the glassed room off of this home and adore the classic simplicity of the black + white facade and the beautiful bucolic approach. This would be my little dream pad. See??  I'm not asking for much am I? A little pretty like this would cost quite a bit in the Boston area. I've been collecting images via the web and started a pinterest board, new home, it's full of a bunch of dis-jointed goodies, but I guess they all make sense to me. I've assembled a mini-inspiration board below showing the overall feel of the space. It'd be fairly simple with graphic details, patterns and pops of brownish-grey, pink, tan, cream and white. And of course splashes of other accent colors like emerald green, brass and yellow. The agate stone was really the impetus and inspiration around the color palette. I love it! I like fresh clean kitchens and bathrooms, and am undecided on white or black cabinets but I guess I have some time to think about that!


This marble wrapped counter, brass hardware and glass door cabinet are beyond amazing! I will absolutely have ALL of these in my kitch! image via 
A little sunny, happy banquette would also be perfect and makes such efficient use of space in a small home. I'd switch out the fabrics and colors and would plump up that seat cushion a bit but you get the idea!

I'd love to have comfy seating area and a lounge worthy sofa like this!
My daughter's room will be a mix of pink, yellow and charcoal and no matchy, matchy concepts here.
I can envision my son's room but I have yet to find a photo that comes close to my vision. A little reading nook like this would be dreamy though! I read multiple stories a night to my children, they love it. I think it's one of the most important things you can do for your child besides smother them with hugs and kisses!
I can't deal with a big yard but I would love a small garden path and patio area for outdoor cocktails and alfresco dining. 

Anyway, that's all for now, it's way past my bed time.... I just wanted to keep dreaming...and share my thoughts and ideas. I'll make this all come true and promise to share it with you all on my little ole' blog! 
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment