Thoughts on home.....

Moving will surely make you reassess not only your life but your purchases and the importance and necessity of each one.  I've been living with 25% of my belongings for almost a year. When I moved into my new home two weeks ago I had most of the boxes put in the basement. I just couldn't deal with a construction site and a disaster zone of scattered boxes all of the house. I'm slowly moving the clothing a little at a time from my temporary residence. I must be in a purging mode because my give away pile is quickly growing. 

My new home doesn't have a very big closet, it's not tiny but it is hardly the walk in closet I had in my old home. I'm also using my antique armoire for all my folded clothing, so that really helps. I've decided when I look in my closet I want everything to look new, fresh and special. (hence the give away pile)...I've always admired french women for their ability to look stylish while only owning a small number of high quality pieces. That's going to be my fashion philosophy moving forward. Will I still be slightly addicted to jewels and baubles vintage and new? I'm sure but I'm certainly going to think twice before I hastily grab another bargain item at the Neiman Marcus semi annual sale.....Don't we all wear the same 5 pairs of jeans and 5 pairs of black pants anyway!? ;)

Below I've shared some smaller closet organization inspiration with you! I'm absolutely going to install hooks someplace in my bedroom or closet for my necklace collection. I love Kelly Wearstler's storage idea above! 

Cheers to a great Monday and week. The past two weeks have been a little hectic in my world, then my little kitty of fifteen years who was always by my side passed away yesterday. You'll never be forgotten Miss Gabby. I love you!!! I think you would have been happy in our new home....

0 comments:

Post a Comment