The hanging or "swing" chair

I have a great on-going project I'm working on. The client is a dream, and so easy to work with. We are in the process of finishing up her daughter's bedroom. The daughter's last request for her room: a hanging chair! Here are a few inspiration shots and ideas I sent over to the client! I think a white rattan version could work well in the space. They aren't easy to find and I don't really feel like having one painted. My fear is it won't wear well.


above is the egg chair by Danish designer Nanna Ditzel. This version costs upwards of $3,000. ouch.


The lucite bubble chair by Eero Aarnio (1968)


More rattan versions, the one above is from the Home Port Collection! I'm sure this is fairly priced.
and the steal of the day, a hanging chair from IKEA. I've seen this in person, it's fun and could work. I would add a plump pillow and maybe a sheep skin throw to the seat!

We'll see what they like!

images: House Beautiful, Domino, British House and Garden, getty, Lonny - Lee Klienhelter's home, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment