Klismos Chair - two ways..

Why my post is so late today..Yes, that is my car buried under about 36" of snow in the left hand corner. I had to go to a client's house this morning so I was shoveling like a maniac to get out. I'm back in my office cozy and ready to post.

The Klismos chair known for its four gracefully splayed legs and curved back was created in 4th B.C. by the Greeks. It was most often used by women taking care of their babies.
The design then resurfaced during the French Directoire period{1795-99}, English Regency {roughly 1811-1820} and American Empire styles {roughly 1810-1825}


Donghia's Anziano Chair. - A modern interpretation of the Klismos chair.






Classical version reproduced by many.


Images: House Beautiful, ?, Country Living, Western Living - Erin Martin, Jeffrey Bilhuber

0 comments:

Post a Comment