Decisions, Decisions..Let's talk lighting

{excuse my premature post earlier} I'm using the newest layout version on blogger, so I need to adapt.
DINING ROOM
So I promised you I'd share my exciting news on Friday, it's the reason I am in crazy nesting mode.{besides the Fall weather} I'm pregnant!! I didn't find out the baby's sex, so stay posted for my nursery options for both a girl or a boy. We're thrilled with the news, but I def. need the next four months to get my home ready!! {yikes}
I have long loved the light fixture in Ruthie Sommers first kitchen {posted in the first issue of Domino}. So I've been on the hunt for something similar for my dining room. I came across the first fixture pictured at Pieces but it was $895.00 and has now sold. So this weekend I was thrilled to find out that I won the Tole Palm leaf pictured below on ebay for..Can you guess how much??? Only $80.00!!. It needs a bit of tlc and some clear round bulbs but I think it will be perfect. {and so was the price}


Now onto the KITCHEN
My chalk board wall in the kitchen is finished {it looks great, I'll post when the area is finished} now I need to find a pendant to hang over the dining table. I want to cast a warm light, to off set the recessed down lights, so I thought a linen pendant would be a smart choice. I've narrowed down my options, here they are. Which do you prefer? I know it's hard to choose because you haven't seen the space.
The Maurice pendant from Jonathan Alder {love this, I wish it cost a bit less}
This is a great custom pendant from Pieces, Inc. but it's def. out of my "snack bracket". Don't get me wrong I wish I could purchase half of Lee Kleinhelter's shop for my home. Be sure to check out their fun new blog, it's full of before + afters. My dream is to someday house my design firm within a smaller shop much like the fabulous Pieces. {hopefully within the next few years}
Circa Lighting

0 comments:

Post a Comment