FOYER - REVAMP


My stairway and hallway (my hallway is much smaller) look very similar to this image. I've always wanted to have a zebra runner... so that is my starting point....the runner is deep chocolate + cream.
Image: Kathryn Boyd

So, I'm sure you've heard this all before, but interior designers have no problem refining + building upon their fabulous ideas for clients, but when it comes to their home it gets a little tricky. I am drawn to so many beautiful objects and styles, my options feel limitless but my budget is not. My foyer/entrance/stairway are in dire need of an update, so I'm in the process of putting together some concepts + ideas. I love to mix classic + modern, new + vintage, to create spaces with a neutral background but add doses of color for depth + interest. Here is what I've pulled together so far, please feel free to comment!!!
I want to cover two entry windows with banded roman's in kelly green with a deep turquoise band or a mix of those two colors in some way... I am currently sourcing a linen..

Possible bench fabric - a place to sit + remove shoes etc.
Fabric- Alan Campbell - Cintra ( need to verify scale of print = it may need to be larger)

Inspired by this table...I am going to paint the one pictured below in a glossy black finish.
Image: Kelly Wearstler, Modern Glamour.


This was my grandmother's piece..




I want to bring some color in with the lamp...I thought this was interesting, its green and turquoise... two of the colors I use through-out my home.
Lamp: First Dibs, Found



Mirror Choices

Option 1 - Large clean lined mirror for behind entrance table
Image: Ikea


Option 2 - Large antiqued mirror for over and behind entrance table
Image: Z Gallerie


Possible entrance ceiling mounted fixture...Love to infuse every space with a bit of sparkle.
Image: Ochre


I've already started a large photo wall and am mixing black and white frames with color + black and white photos.. This may take a while to finish, I want it to look as if it's evolved..
Image: InStyle Home

I own this very large pendant, so I plan to hang it in the stairway for a dash of drama.
HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT MONDAY!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment