I'd love to say that I was up watching the Golden Globes with the rest of my girl friends...but instead I was dealing with a 3 and 5 year old and their latest bedtime sleep dramas. I finally got to sleep at 10:45 p.m. knowing that my 5 year old would be waking me up in the middle of the night because he wants me to sleep with him. This is a new phase (let's hope it's a phase) and it's going to put me over the edge if it doesn't end soon. Simply put, sleeping issues suck. I'm a pretty patient mama but you start messing with me during the night and I'll lose it. Plus I know I can't give in and climb into my son's bed every night because it will become a ritual, one that I'm sure will be tough to break. Don't get me wrong I'm okay with comforting my children when they have an occasional off night or scary dream but every night?? NO THANK YOU. Sorry, you'll have to get the Golden Globe goodies round up from some of my other besties here: 1 + 2 + 3..This post is dedicated to my terrible (soon to hopefully be better) sleepers!
1. I love the bedding style of the coverlets in this classic, European style bedroom.
2. My daughter Emerson's 3rd birthday is on the 21st of this month. I was told she wants a princess cake! I thought a design like this adorable one would work perfectly...I wish I had the time to make it myself.
3. My son will wear just about anything except collared shirts. (unless I plead with him days in advance). I love this little check number from Crew Cuts. He has a few and I see them maybe three times a year on say special occasions such as Easter... available here
4. I adore the gorgeous feminine details in this space
5. I dream of having a creative space like this for my kids to play in someday!!
6. I'm wrapping up a navy nursery. This tween bedroom is layered and fun!
7. I CANNOT wait to finally design and finish my daughter's room when I move. I've always wanted to use a forest meets the garden concept with bunnies and deer and flowers etc.. This watercolor print is precious! (I'm working on the source)
8. The simplicity and natural of this nursery is cozy, calming and inviting.
OKAY, on a quick Golden Globes note. I have yet to peruse the fashion blogs but I did see this dress and absolutely have to say I LOVE it on Kate, she looks stunning and fits her perfectly. ( I couldn't resist)